¤ Home » About INVEST » AWARDS » Soundaram Kannapan Award
Soundaram Kannapan Award
The Soundaram Kannapan medal will be awarded to a member who has delivered highest number of lectures / sessions, but not less than 6, in a public forum on Value Engineering during a period of one year. The spirit behind the award is to encourage members to spread Value Engineering message widely and effectively. The details of the award are as under:
- The award will comprise a medal and a certificate and it will be given at the time of conference.
- Applicant should be a member of INVEST not having any outstanding dues of subscription.
- The interested members should send that application to the respective Zonal Council giving full details of lectures along with adequate proof of having conducted the same. The proof can be in the form of a letter from the organizers of the event.
For this purpose, the year will be considered as commencing from 1st April of the previous year up to 31st march of the year of the award.( eg. for 2009 award, the year will be 1st April 2008 to 31st March 2009)
- The lectures / sessions taken by professionals in the course of their business activity for monetary benefits will not be considered. The lectures / sessions taken by employees before their own company's captive audience will not be considered.
- A member awarded once will be considered for award only after three years.
- The awardee will be decided by a panel of experts duly constituted by the National Council for this purpose. If in a year no application is found suitable, the medals will not be awarded. The decision of the panel will be final and binding on all concerned.
- The authority to add, delete, amend and interpret the rules governing the award rests fully with the INVEST National Council.